Friday, March 12, 2010

I forgot how fun networking can be!!!

So for those of you who follow me on Twitter, I went to the Eat, Drink, Be Married event at the Astor Wine Center at 399 Lafayette Thursday evening. First, who even knew that the center was available for private events?? Perfect for a small wedding with full kitchen amenities. Several of my favorite caterers were there, showing off some of their culinary wizardry, including Thomas Preti,(a special shout out to Scott Parrish, who was kind enough to extend the invitation to my group of aspiring wedding planners) and The Cleaver Co. And if that weren't enough, the desserts were to DIE FOR, especially the most awesome cupcakes offered by Eleni's Bakery in the city (they do custom cupcakes too!!!) Let's just say I was stuffed when I left.

Although I shouldn't work backwards, on Tuesday I went ot another phenomenal showcase at Angel Orensanz Foundation. Just check out what this place can look like!!!




I must thank In Thyme Caterers for the invitation, as well as allowing me to make it a class field trip. Amy at In Thyme was so gracious and spent some time with the class discussing the complexities and benefits of off-premise catering. I can't wait to work with her!!!

I wish everyone a HAPPY WEDDING this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment